Dr. Cohen received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Boston University. As part of her graduate training, she treated clients at the world-renowned Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders in Boston, MA. Dr. Cohen was the recipient of the prestigious American Psychological Foundation Research Award. After completing her post-doctorate training at Bellevue Hospital Center and New York University, she was asked to become the Director of the CBT program at Bellevue’s Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic. Dr. Cohen has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, NBC News, Women’s Health, Huff Post, Thrive Global and, Good Housekeeping.
Today we’re chatting about:
- Dr. Cohen’s program for a life of joy post-divorce.
- How we get back to ourselves, and our lives, after a divorce.
- Working through resentment and loss so we can have our heart’s desire.
- The importance of moving at your own speed to process your loss.
- How to talk to your friends, and your kids, about the divorce.
- Getting rid of the shame surrounding divorce.
Connect with Dr. Cohen:
- Website: drelizabethcohen.com
- Waitlist for Afterglow: https://drelizabethcohen.com/afterglow/
- Quick Meditation to Listen to Before you Talk to you Ex to get you in the right frame of mind.
- Tips for Talking to Your Friends about Divorce PDF.
Get a copy of Jen’s book, “Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda: A Divorce Coach’s Guide to Staying Married” here.