Rabbi Tamara Kolton Ph.D. is the author of Oranges for Eve: My Brave, Beautiful, Badass Journey to the Feminine Divine.
She is an independent rabbi, psychologist & feminine mythologist. As a rabbi for over 20 years in the Detroit community, she has shared life’s greatest joy and deepest sorrow with thousands of people.
Rabbi Kolton was the first person to be ordained a humanistic rabbi, an achievement recognized by The New York Times. She is included in the historical timeline for women rabbis.
Rabbi Kolton integrates spirituality and feminism. She asks us to see Eve, of the bible, as a heroine and an unabashed powerhouse of beauty and spiritual bravery.
She asks us to see ourselves that way too.
Today we’re chatting about:
- Rabbi Kolton’s unusual upbringing for her faith.
- Dealing with uncertainty in our lives by finding our inner Eve, the feminine mythology.
- How to celebrate holidays during this quarantine
- How to know that everything will be okay.
Connect with Rabbi Kolton:
- Website: https://rabbikolton.com/
- Her book: https://www.amazon.com/Oranges-Eve-Beautiful-Journey-Feminine/dp/0578540363/
Get a copy of Jen’s book, “Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda: A Divorce Coach’s Guide to Staying Married” here.